Wednesday, January 12, 2011

We got gloves!

As you can imagine, with so many children to provide clothing for some would have more or better clothing than others.  For example, I recall one winter that many of us didn't have gloves.  Of course, this didn't deter us from playing outside no matter the weather.  Much to our suprise and delight, one day a large box of gloves arrived at the orphanage.  I have no idea where they came from but it was a large box of miss matched gloves.  I don't know know if some charitable organization provided them or some company donated them but "WE GOT GLOVES!"  You would see us with perhaps a mitten on one hand and a glove on the other.  You would see a red and yellow striped glove on the left hand and a blue and gray glove on the right hand.  We didn't care.  As I look back on this in later years I've learned from it and many such events that the simple things in life are rewarding in themselves.  You could not have found a happier group of children at that time.  Our hands were warm and our hearts were thankful to whomever provided this wonderful gift.  To this day when I put on my gloves I frequently recall this event with warm thankfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment