Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pancake Dinner

As I remember, on occasion we had some special meals.  One such special meal was a pancake supper.  Floyd mixed coins into the pancakes for us to find.  The rule was that you had to eat all the pancakes you took on your plate.  If you wanted more you had to bring an empty plate to the server.  We would dig through to extract the coins and then quickly wolf down the pancakes for more.  After a bit you became so full that even the promise of riches were not enough.  Of course, the older boys found more coins than the younger boys since they could eat more.    Can you imagine today trying to do this?

3 comments:

  1. I remember this! I hadn't thought about this in so many years. There were mounds and mounds of pancakes and we would pick through them to find the coins. I am sure we wasted alot more than we ever ate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the pancake supper too... Sister Mary Julia and I talked about this 6 months ago

    Eddie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eddie,

      Please contact me. I'd love to know more about your memories. My email is latondave@gmail.com

      Delete