Monday, July 23, 2012

Many of us will remember the wonderful mural at the front of our chapel. It was a picture of Jesus sitting beside a well with children around him.  I always enjoyed the picture but as I've studied Matthew 18 and other such scriptures where Jesus specifically wanted the children to come to him and how heaven was made of those who expressed the humility of children, it has come to mean much more to me.  If anyone has a picture of the mural I pray you will share it with us. Please send it to me. I will share it with everyone with special appreciation to you.

3 comments:

  1. Why aren't any information of the entire history of the orphanage starting in the 1930's.
    I was in from 1952=1958. Where is all that information.
    The Monsignor was Begley then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Mother and siblings were there at the same time and I heard many stories of abuse from her siblings, who to this day will not speak if their days there. My mother in the other hand, the oldest never had anything but the greatest if things to say, sure the number were a little harsh,.... But it was it if love...etc.
      Yes, I remember the name Begley very well.

      Delete
  2. Is there a book where I can get more information about from the beginning to the end of the orphanage. I want to know all about the history

    ReplyDelete